VOMS Admin server v. 3.6.0
This release provides fixes to some outstanding bugs and improvements:
- Background tasks that update the VOMS database are now synchronized via a
lock table in the database; this is useful for clustered deployments (like
the CERN one) that have multiple active instances of the VOMS admin service
- Sign AUP reminders and notifications should not be sent to expired VO
- Changes to logback configuration are now reloaded correctly at runtime
The full list of bug fixes and improvements is listed below.
- VOMS-790 : Logback configuration runtime reloading does not work as expected
- VOMS-789 : Restore ability to configure whether VOMS Admin should require client certificates
- VOMS-788 : Concurrent execution of background tasks may have undesirable side effects
- VOMS-787 : VOMS Admin should not send AUP reminders or assign Sign AUP tasks when membership is expired
- VOMS-786 : VOMS Admin confuses clients without a certificate with non-registered authenticated clients given certain database configurations
Installation and configuration
Upgrade from VOMS Admin Server >= 3.3.2
A database upgrade is required to upgrade to VOMS Admin server
The VOMS admin RPM explicitly requires Java 8 since version 3.4.0. While former
versions could run on earlier Java versions, 3.6.0 will not start unless it is
run on Java 8.
The output of
java -version will tell which is the active version on your
$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_121"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)
You can configure the active JRE using
$ update-alternatives --config java
Runtime logging configuration reloading
To take advantage of runtime logging configuration reloading, that is now
working correctly as a result of the fix of this issue,
after the upgrade of the rpm to version 3.6.0, update your VOs logback
configuration either by:
- reconfiguring each VO, or
- updating manually the logback configuration files with the following
for vo in $(find /etc/voms-admin/ -type d | sed '1d'); do \
cp /usr/share/voms-admin/templates/logback.xml $vo; \
Upgrade from earlier VOMS Admin Server versions
First upgrade to VOMS Admin version 3.3.2 and then to 3.6.0.
Follow the instructions in the VOMS System Administrator Guide.