StoRM Backend v. 1.11.12
Released on 01.09.2017 with StoRM v. 1.11.12.
This release provides fixes to some outstanding bugs and improvements:
- requires Java 8;
- fixes the insertion of a file tape recall task in the recall task management REST API;
- fixes a couple of problems related to namespace and storage area resolution;
- fixes a bug that causes sanity check failures with GPFS version >= 4.2.2;
- adds a REST API to query metadata (online/offline status, checksum, etc.)
about filesystem resources managed by StoRM. The main client of this API is the INDIGO-Datacloud CDMI StoRM plugin;
- removes the deprecated storm-gridhttps-plugin.
- [STOR-282] - Fix overlapping virtual filesystems error in StoRI children creation
- [STOR-898] - Storage-area resolution fails on moving resources through different storage-areas
- [STOR-925] - GPFS drops dev prefix in mtab causing StoRM backend sanity check to fail
- [STOR-929] - Fix StoRM Recall Interface
- [STOR-441] - Migrate RESTFul services to Jersey 2.x
- [STOR-930] - Add Metadata Endpoint
- [STOR-945] - Move to Java 1.8
- [STOR-946] - Remove storm-gridhttps-plugin configuration
Installation and configuration
This release requires Java 8 and dismisses the use of gridhttps-plugin component that must be removed.
So, please, read carefully the installation notes.
You can find information about upgrade, clean installation and configuration of
StoRM services in the System Administration Guide.