StoRM v. 1.11.18
Released on 07.08.2020.
This release introduces the support for CentOS 7 for all StoRM components.
It also provides fixes to some outstanding bugs, in particular:
- fixes errors on published storage space occupancy in case multiple storage area shares the same VO;
- fixes not published WebDAV endpoints when latest logic is used;
- fixes not dropped Authorization header in WebDAV TPC redirects;
- fixes leaked file descriptors when Conscrypt is enabled on StoRM WebDAV;
- sets correctly HTTP content-length for large files;
- fixes errors on transferred files through GridFTP that leave empty files with an adler32 checksum for a non-empty file;
- fixes KillMode on GridFTP systemd unit.
It also provides several improvements, in particular:
- fixes wrong ERROR log messages when file does not exist on srmRm requests;
- changes the way info provider checks if Backend is running;
- introduces a Background DU Service (disabled by default) that periodically updates the storage space info for non-GPFS storage areas (read more info here);
- adds Date and thread pools metrics in the metrics logged info;
- updates spring boot to 2.2.6 release for StoRM WebDAV;
- adds SystemD support for StoRM Backend and StoRM Frontend.
|StoRM Native Libs
|StoRM Info Provider
- [STOR-1102] - Investigate errors on transferred files through GridFTP that leave empty files with an adler32 checksum for a non-empty file
- [STOR-1176] - SrmRm file does not exist should not be logged as ERROR
- [STOR-1186] - Set KillMode to control-group and not process to avoid orphan transfer processes on StoRM GridFTP
- [STOR-1197] - StoRM Webdav should drop Authorization header in TPC redirects
- [STOR-1207] - StoRM WebDAV leaks file descriptors when Conscrypt is enabled
- [STOR-1212] - Change the way Info Provider checks if Backend is running
- [STOR-1213] - WebDAV endpoint not published in case the latest logic is used
- [STOR-1214] - Wrong storage space values are published in case multiple storage area have the same VO
- [STOR-1217] - StoRM WebDAV does not set content-length header correctly for large files
- [STOR-1203] - Conscrypt should be disabled by default
- [STOR-1252] - Align the namespace.xml generated via YAIM StoRM with the one produced by the Puppet module
- [STOR-1219] - Fix ACL setting problems on storm-native-libs built against GPFS > 3.4
- [STOR-892] - Log as ERROR only internal errors
- [STOR-932] - Make Background DU configurable to run periodically in order to update used space info on db
- [STOR-1036] - Fix useless verbosity in log
- [STOR-1170] - curl_global_init should be called before spawning threads
- [STOR-1172] - Upgrade jackson-databind to version 126.96.36.199 or later
- [STOR-1174] - Include thread pool and jetty handler metrics reporting in storm-backend-metrics log
- [STOR-1175] - Understand what is the purpose of the recallBuckets map and whether it can be removed
- [STOR-1185] - Allow redirection of LCMAPS logging to a particular file (instead of syslog) through the puppet module
- [STOR-1189] - Separate java.io.tmpDir jvm variable from generic jvm options and move it inside systemd unit
- [STOR-1198] - Add Date to Backend's metrics log
- [STOR-1201] - Update spring boot to 2.2.6 release
- [STOR-1206] - StoRM WebDAV out and err file missing in CENTOS 7 configuration
- [STOR-1216] - Include mysql-connector-java into maven dependencies
- [STOR-1089] - SystemD support for StoRM Backend
- [STOR-1090] - SystemD support for StoRM Frontend
Upgrade StoRM repository
This release introduces a new StoRM production repository migration.
The old stable repository won’t be updated with this release.
If you want to install StoRM v1.11.18 update your repositories:
yum-config-manager --disable storm-stable-centos6 storm-beta-centos6 storm-nightly-centos6
and add the new ones:
yum-config-manager --add-repo https://repo.cloud.cnaf.infn.it/repository/storm/storm-stable-centos6.repo
yum-config-manager --add-repo https://repo.cloud.cnaf.infn.it/repository/storm/storm-beta-centos6.repo
yum-config-manager --add-repo https://repo.cloud.cnaf.infn.it/repository/storm/storm-nightly-centos6.repo
yum-config-manager --disable storm-nightly-centos6
or, in case of RHEL7:
yum-config-manager --add-repo https://repo.cloud.cnaf.infn.it/repository/storm/storm-stable-centos7.repo
yum-config-manager --add-repo https://repo.cloud.cnaf.infn.it/repository/storm/storm-beta-centos7.repo
yum-config-manager --add-repo https://repo.cloud.cnaf.infn.it/repository/storm/storm-nightly-centos7.repo
yum-config-manager --disable storm-nightly-centos7
All the links to the repository files can be found in the Downloads section.
On RHEL6, update packages:
yum update storm-backend-server storm-frontend-server storm-webdav storm-globus-gridftp-server yaim-storm
and run YAIM.
On RHEL7, to install and configure StoRM components you can use StoRM Puppet module.
Read more at: